Thursday 30 January 2014

My MAC Quad



With an endless shade selection, available in almost every finish imaginable, it really is no surprise that MAC eye shadows are so hyped up in the beauty world. For me, the most appealing thing about MAC eye shadows is the fact that you can build a personalised palette of 2, 4 or 15 shades. For a while, I was torn between filling a quad with a selection of my favourite shades, or splashing out on a 15 pan palette. Whilst I would love to expand my collection one day, these four shades are perfect for creating a range of beautiful makeup looks.


Naked Lunch: A shimmery, peachy champagne shade with a frost finish. This looks beautiful swept across the entire lid for a natural, pretty day time look. It also looks amazing when paired with a contrasting shade, which I like to apply to the outer corners and blend into the crease.

Satin Taupe: Possibly my favourite eye shadow ever, this is a beautiful taupe shade with a frost finish. This shimmery eye shadow can be used to create the perfect, subtle smokey eye. It is a very wearable and versatile shade which can applied lightly during the day, or more intensely for an evening look.

Woodwinked: 
An extremely wearable, golden brown shade. This veluxe pearl eye shadow has the most incredible, pearly metallic finish. I get a great deal of use out of this shade as it's perfect for daytime wear.

Cranberry: A gorgeous, rusty berry shade with a frost finish. Whilst this isn't a shade that I would usually go for, when I swatched it in MAC, it was love at first sight. This has been the perfect eye shadow for stepping outside of my neutrals comfort zone, and adding some colour to my eyes during the autumn/winter months.

MAC eye shadows are excellent quality, and although they do lean towards the slightly pricier end of the spectrum, I would defiantly recommend them. They are long lasting, super pigmented and apply beautifully. Do you own any MAC eye shadows? What are your favourite shades?

No comments:

Post a Comment