Tuesday 5 November 2013

Beauty Haul







The other day, my boyfriend and I decided to take a break from the stresses of essay writing, and go on a little shopping trip. I picked up a few new beauty bits so I thought that I would share with you guys what I bought. 

The first place that I ventured into was Lush. I am feeling overly excited for Christmas, so when I saw all of their festive products, I just couldn't help but treat myself to something. The first thing that I chose was this cute little Christmas penguin bubble bar, which smells fresh and citrusy. This is designed to be used in one bath, but the man in the shop said that it could easily be spread across two bath times. As I was walking out of the shop, I saw this melting snowman bath melt and just couldn't resist picking it up as well. This smells of festive Christmas spices. 

I then went into Boots which is seriously dangerous territory for me as I can never seem to leave that shop empty handed. The first thing that I picked up was the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I have a few of the Real Techniques brushes already and I seriously love them. They are reasonably priced, excellent quality and they apply makeup beautifully. I also picked up two Barry M nail polishes in the shades Rasberry and Berry Cosmo, which are the perfect autumn/winter shades. All of the makeup was 3 for 2 in Boots so I chose a Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in the shade 001 Santa Rose as well.

I then went into MAC where I managed to tick a few things off my ever expanding beauty wishlist. The first thing that I chose was an eye shadow in the shade cranberry. This is a beautiful rusty, berry colour with a frost finish. I've had my eye on this shade for a while, and when I swatched it in MAC, it was love at first sight. This is the perfect shade for branching out of my neutrals comfort zone during the colder months. I also picked up two lipsticks in the shades fanfare and plumful. Fanfare is a cremesheen lipstick which MAC describe as a mid-tone yellow pink. For me, this is a very wearable, everyday shade. Plumful is a lustre lipstick in a beautiful rose-plum shade - perfect for the autumn/winter season. I then bought the MAC 217 blending brush which is raved about in the beauty world for blending eye shadow into the crease. The last thing that I got from MAC was a bottle of their brush cleanser. A bit of a boring purchase, but I like to make sure that my brushes are kept bacteria free and in good condition.  

I can't wait to try out all of my new beauty purchases, and I hope that you enjoyed reading about what I have been buying recently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment