Monday 28 October 2013

Birchbox October 2013




















The other day, I decided to treat myself and order the October Birchbox. I have tried other beauty boxes before but have always been left feeling disappointed with the contents. After hearing such good things about Birchbox, I thought that I would give it a go. The box retails at £10 a month (plus postage and packaging), and you are sent 4-5 sample products from luxury beauty brands. The box also includes a selection of little cards with information about the company, the products you receive, and how to apply them. 
I am so impressed with Birchbox that I thought I would share with you my first impressions of the contents. 

1. KMS California Curl Up Wave Foam Mousse 75g 
I haven't had the chance to try this product out yet, but it sounds right up my street. It's a gel to mousse formula with added heat protection, designed to enhance wave formulation, and leave the hair soft and frizz-free. This is a decent sized sample that will allow me to test the product out fully, before deciding whether or not to purchase the full sized version. 

2. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer 14.7ml
When I opened my Birchbox and saw this primer inside I was so excited, it's like it was put there especially for me. If you have read my previous posts, you will probably know that I am a huge fan of the Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation. I have been so desperate to try this primer out, and I can't wait to implement it into my makeup routine. 


3. Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant 7.5g
After noticing this exfoliators high price tag, I was expecting big things. I tried this sample for the first time tonight, and it defiantly delivered. Even after just one use, my skin was left looking and feeling noticeably different. As a student, I can't afford to shell out £64 for the full sized version of this product, but I can assure you that if I could, I defiantly would. 

4. Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips 3ml 
When I first noticed this product in my Birchbox, I thought that it sounded a little strange. A nipple balm for lips? After visiting the company website, I found that this product is loved by many of London's makeup artists, and has been pharmaceutically acknowledged as one of the most effective and natural skin moisturisers. It can be used anywhere that needs deep hydration, even on dry and sensitive skin. The cold British weather has defiantly taken its toll on my lips, so I'm looking forward to trying this product out.

5. TheBalm Cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen 1.2ml
This lip and cheek tint can be used to add a pop of colour to any complexion. I am excited to try this product out as it is multi purpose, and will be so useful for keeping in my handbag.  

6. Chia Shots 8g
My knowledge of health foods is somewhat limited, but these little seeds supposedly have excellent health benefits. They don't taste like much but are high in omega 2, dietary fibre and protein. They are versatile and can be sprinkled onto salads, or mixed into smoothies and soups.

7. Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream 3ml 
My Birchbox contained three sample sachets of this skin cream. Egyptian Magic is multi purpose, and made from six natural moisturising and healing ingredients. This cream can be applied all over the skin to keep it looking radiant, healthy and smooth.

I would defiantly recommend Birchbox, it's such a great way to discover new beauty brands and products. I was so happy with this months contents that I already can't wait to see what's in next months box!


No comments:

Post a Comment