Thursday 17 October 2013

How I Curl My Hair

BaByliss 3035BU Thermo Ceramic Hair Rollers // £29.99 














































Whenever I am using heat appliances on my hair, I always start by using a good heat defence spray. It is so important to always remember to protect your hair from heat, as this will avoid causing any unnecessary damage. To create this look, I used the VO5 Plump It Up Amplifying Blow Dry Lotion. I really like this heat protector as it is designed to add volume and reduce frizz. I then applied the Charles Worthington Big Hair Sculpting Mousse to my hair whilst it was still damp, starting from the roots, and working the product through to the ends with my fingers and a hair brush. I've found this to be a really good mousse as it adds plenty of volume, and doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky.

To curl my hair, I use the BaByliss 3035BU Thermo Ceramic Rollers. I have been using these rollers for over a year now, and have found them to be very quick and easy to use - much quicker than sitting in front of the mirror with a curing iron. 
They heat up quickly, and do get very hot, which makes it extra important to use a good heat protector spray. I like to use them on the highest heat setting as I have quite long and thick hair, however if you have finer hair, you could probably try using them on a lower heat setting. The set comes with eight large rollers, six medium rollers and six smaller rollers. I start from the top of my head with the larger rollers to create volume, and then use the medium sized rollers underneath to create more defined curls. I secure them using the clips and pins provided. I don't get much use out of the smaller rollers as these create much tighter, ringlet curls. The large and medium sized rollers allow me to achieve bigger, more natural curls. I leave the rollers in until they are cool, usually whilst I do my makeup and finish getting ready. Just before I go out, I take the rollers out of my hair and leave the curls to set before running my fingers through them. 


To finish off the look, I use the Charles Worthington Texturising Spray. I spray a small amount of product all over my hair, and then ruffle it with my fingers to give a more textured finish. I then use the Urban Fudge Iced Raspberry and Vanilla Hairspray to keep my curls in place all day. This hairspray smells gorgeous, leaves my hair looking soft and natural, and has an anti-frizz formula so I'm not left looking like a scarecrow.

I hope that you have enjoyed reading this post. How do you curl your hair? Have you got any useful tips to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment