Thursday 21 November 2013

OOTD: Winter Coat Weather

Today's post is something a little bit different for me as it's more fashion than beauty related. When it started to get chilly the other week, I went on the hunt for a new winter coat. I have a lovely cosy parka from Oasis which is perfect for when it's really cold outside, but I wanted something that would look a little bit smarter. When I spotted this swing coat in the petite section of Topshop (it's also available in the regular and tall sections), I knew that it was exactly what I had been looking for. The navy colour is perfect as it goes with almost everything, and I love the detachable faux fur hood. It's a really lovely fit, a flattering shape, and will still keep me toasty when it's cold outside. 

Navy and cream is defiantly one of my favourite colour combinations, so I decided to go for a cream hat and scarf to match my new coat. The chunky cable knit hat and scarf are both from Topshop.

The ankle boots that I'm wearing in the photos above are from Faith, and I picked them up recently during a Debenhams sale event. I really wanted a pair of good quality, leather ankle boots with a little bit of a heel. These are the perfect tan shade with dark brown elastic paneling, and beautiful scallop edge detailing. I wore these boots for the first time when these photos were taken, with the expectation that they would hurt my feet. Although my feet were aching by the end of the day, I had done a lot of walking and I was pleasantly surprised by how comfortable they were. These are a really versatile pair of boots that I think would look great with not only skinny jeans and leggings, but also with dresses and skirts. 


I'm also carrying the Michael Kors Hamilton Tote which I was lucky enough to receive as a birthday gift last year. Whenever I'm going out anywhere for the day, I always carry this handbag with me as it's the perfect size for all of my things (not too big but not too small). It's made from a really good quality leather and the tan shade makes it very wearable.

I hope that you enjoyed reading my first OOTD post, please let me know if you would like to see more posts like this on my blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment