Friday 11 October 2013

What's in my Makeup Bag?



































In today's post, I wanted to share with you all the beauty products that I have been keeping in my makeup bag, and using on a daily basis. I have been loving this makeup look recently because it is natural, quick to apply and perfect for everyday.

Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation // Rose Ivory // £33 
I have already reviewed this product in full here, so I won't bore you by saying too much about it. If you have read my previous post, then you will know how much I love this foundation. It leaves the skin looking beautiful, and creates the perfect canvas for the rest of my makeup.  

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer // Ivory // £5.49

Concealer is an essential step in my makeup routine as I like to disguise my dark under eye circles. This concealer is reasonably priced, and works well to cover any imperfections. I apply a small amount of product under the eye, or anywhere else that needs concealing, and then blend out with a concealer brush. The brightening formula instantly makes me look more awake, and it doesn't look cakey or settle into my creases.

bareMinerals READY Touch Up Veil // Translucent // £22

Because of my combination skin, I like to powder my foundation and concealer to help keep it in place. This translucent powder reduces shine, and keeps my skin looking flawless. I love that there is a mirror inside the packaging, as this makes it perfect for carrying around incase I need to touch up during the day.

Benefit Sugarbomb Blusher // £23.50 

This blusher is described as four complimenting shades of peach, soft plum, pink and rose. Swirled together, these four colours add a lovely, natural flush of colour to the cheeks. This blusher has a slight shimmer to it, which I find to be very flattering on the skin. The colour does apply lightly, but it is easily buildable to achieve the desired look.  

Benefit High Beam Highlighter // £19.50

This highlighter is so gorgeous. It's a beautiful pearly, pink liquid that I use on my cheek and brow bone to give my complexion more radiance. I find that a couple of tiny dots, blended in carefully with my ring finger, is enough to achieve a subtle glow which looks stunning when caught by the light. I love that this highlighter isn't too shimmery, and doesn't leave my face looking like a glitter ball. It compliments my skin tone beautifully, and instantly brightens up my whole face.

MUA Undressed Palette // Shade 2 and 9 // £4

My most worn eye shadows in this palette are shade 2, which is a pale champagne pink with shimmer running through it, and shade 9, which is a shimmery medium brown. I have been using shade 2 on my eye lid, and then blending shade 9 into my crease and outer corners. These eye shadows are really pigmented, long lasting and easy to blend.

E.L.F Studio Eyebrow Kit // Medium // £3.75
For £3.75, this eyebrow kit is a steal. Although I can't comment on how it compares to more high end versions, I have been impressed by this product. The kit includes an eyebrow wax, which I use to fill in my eyebrows, and a powder, which I use to keep them in place. Although I do like my eyebrows to look defined, I only use a tiny amount of product as I don't like them to look drawn on.

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara // Black // £12
For someone with long eyelashes, this mascara is a god send. Having fallen victim to panda eyes on a number of occasions, I decided that I would give this product a try. The tiny brush makes it so easy to apply, and catches even the smallest, most awkwardly placed eyelashes. It doesn't leave my eyelashes looking thick or clumpy, and lasts all day with no smudges.

Benefit They're Real Mascara // Black // Full Size £19.50

I'm currently using a mini version of this mascara which I received as part of a gift set. Although this is an award winning product, I am still yet to be convinced that it is worthy of all the hype. I do like this mascara, but I think that there are plenty of cheaper, drug store alternatives on the market which provide equally as good results.

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon // Peach on the Beach // £7.99

This has defiantly been my most worn lip product over the past couple of months. It's a beautiful peachy, pink shade that is so wearable, and perfect for everyday. The formula is glossy but not sticky, and super moisturising so it doesn't dry the lips out. I'm not really sure about the ten hour wear statement, but this doesn't really bother me as it can be reapplied so easily, even without a mirror. This also makes it the perfect lip product for carrying around in my handbag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment