Tuesday 1 October 2013

Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation


















I have recently spent a great deal of time in search of my perfect foundation. After falling out of love with my holy grail Bare Minerals, I decided that I wanted to find a product which would provide me with fuller coverage, as well as giving my skin a healthy glow. Following a number of unsuccessful and disappointing shopping trips, I finally caved and purchased the Laura Mercier Silk Crème foundation in the shade Rose Ivory.

Despite the pretty limited shade selection, Rose Ivory is a perfect match for my skin tone. This foundation is medium-full coverage and is so pigmented that a tiny amount of product goes a long way. It feels light on the skin and doesn't look cakey. As Laura Mercier suggest, I have been using a make-up sponge to apply this foundation. Although I was initially a little unsure of abandoning my make-up brushes in favour of a sponge, using this method of application has helped me to easily achieve a flawless and natural finish. Because of my combination skin, I like to set my foundation with a tiny amount of translucent powder to stop my t-zone becoming oily, and to eliminate the need for touch-ups during the day. Even without a primer, the lasting power of this foundation is amazing, and despite the silky, luminous formula, my skin hasn't been left looking greasy or shiny at the end of the day. 


I would highly recommend this product. It leaves the skin looking beautiful and has already replaced all other foundations in my make-up routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment